We are pleased to announce our AI3SD Summer Internship Funding Call. Prospective Project Supervisors are invited to apply for AI3SD Summer Undergraduate Internships. These applications must be made by the academic institute proposing to host this internship, and must be relevant to the AI3SD Network. All AI3SD Interns will benefit from our AI3SD Training, Tutorials & Careers Event Programme that will run weekly across July and August whereby the interns will be given training in a range of research, technical and interpersonal skills, alongside informative career-based events. We are hoping to fund between 10-15 interns as part of this programme.
The key dates are as follows:
- 16th February 2021 – Call formally announced
9th March 2021 – Deadline for applications (Submitted via our AI3SD Summer Internship Application Form)
- 19th March 2020 – Successful applicants Announced
Please read the Guidance Document carefully before filling in the Application Form (both files can be accessed by following these links, or from the AI3SD Documents Page). The Terms and conditions can be found in our AI3SD Network+ Internship Award Agreement.
Please note: Projects can last up to 10 weeks, and must start by the 28th June and be completed by the 25th September 2021.
FAQs about our funding calls can be found on our FAQ Page. If you have any questions that aren’t answered on this page please contact our Network+ Coordinator Dr Samantha Kanza on email@example.com. Below are some general points of advice.
- The Internships and the Network+
- These projects must be relevant to the AI3SD Network.
- Projects must be interdisciplinary and include both cutting edge AI and cutting edge chemical discovery.
- Project Supervisors: Project Supervisors must be eligible for EPSRC funding. For information on the eligibility of organisations and individuals to receive this funding, see the EPSRC Funding Guide: https://epsrc.ukri.org/funding/applicationprocess/fundingguide/.
- AI3SD Interns: We encourage you to apply with a specific student in mind, however students can also be selected post award. Students must be studying a relevant degree and must should be in the middle years of their first Undergraduate degree.
- These internships can be up to 10 weeks and must start by the 28th June 2021 and finish by the 25th September 2021.
- Each application will be checked for suitability by the Network Team (eligibility of prospective Project Supervisor and prospective Student).
- Each application will then receive two blind reviews (all supervisor/student information will be anonymised) prior to review.
- AI3SD interns will be expected to present a poster at the AI3SD Summer Projects Symposia in September 2021 (Dates TBA) and to provide a short project report.
- We will disseminate about your projects and link to publications on our website.
- Ethics applications
- If you are conducting any studies that involve humans and or personal data then you must obtain ethics approval.
- If you cannot obtain them through your own institution, please let us know and we can see if we can do it through the Southampton ethics board.